Write With Smart Edit Writer (formerly Atomic Scribbler) - Free Windows Software
Use this course to quickly get up to speed on the free SmartEdit Writer writing software for Windows computers.
This handy program allows you to easily organize and improve the efficiency of your writing. Although designed primarily for authors, the software is helpful for anyone who uses a computer as a writing tool:
- Homeschool parents
- Course developers, and more!
I use it myself, mainly for developing video courses.
I'm making this course free since I haven't had the time to keep up with updates to the SmartEdit Writer software. Much of the course is still fully relevant, and SmartEdit Writer is great software. I plan to totally redo this course at some point. I'm holding off though, until the SEW creator completes any substantial changes to the program.
Includes the set of 26 videos. The videos may be viewed online on any device.
Smart Edit Writer excels as a writing program with the editing feature - SmartEdit - with 15 checks available from within the interface to help you catch mistakes and polish your work.
SmartEdit Writer is quite useful and fully functional.
- Easy to use, uncluttered interface
- Scene-based writing approach
- Organize your writing with a flexible tree structure containing folders, scenes, and notes
- Document, Fragments, and Research sections
- Daily Word Count Tracking
- Word file import and export (plus three other text file formats)
- Standard text formatting options
- Spelling checker
- Automated backups
- Project Manager for multiple projects
- Customizable interface
- Free software with optional, paid editing addon – SmartEdit to help catch editing errors
Course Requirements: Windows computer, basic typing skills, and some familiarity with computer software is all that is required.
SmartEdit Writer Overview